Saturday, July 6, 2013

Studio Clean-Up Continues


I had every intention of purging some of the mass quantities of stuff that is making my studio bulge at the seams, I have been working in here for several weeks to make it a functional space again and I've been able to get a lot done. It is a usable space once again, it is functional and welcoming but I have not been able to purge any of the stuff that needs to go so it is still too full!

Have you ever gone on a cleaning binge, throwing things away, donating items that you will NEVER use again only to find that once the item is gone you actually have a use for it? I have done this on too many occasions and it is holding me back. I know that there are many items in here that I am truly never going to use - EVER! I know this. Yet as an artist I have that little voice whispering in the back of my head, tell me that I just don't know what the item could be used for in the future and I might now want to get rid of it.

So right now I am trying to ignore the whispers and fill at least one box of stuff to donate and one to give away to my lovely readers. I think it was the FlyLady who said to find at least 10 items that I can get rid of at a time. Anyone can do that...right?

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment