Friday, March 1, 2013

E is for the Elements - Pagan Blog Project

Wendy Rule: The Circle Song (Elemental Chant)

The very first song I ever heard from Wendy Rule was the Elemental Chant. This of course made me immediately rush to itunes and buy her album The Wolf Sky - I was hooked! The above video is similar to the song I heard.

This week I wanted to write about the Elements. As a Pagan with serious Wiccan leanings I am very in tune to the elements. I am referring to Earth, Air, Fire and Water. These four elements along with Spirit make up the foundation of my magical practice. The elements are thought to be the building blocks of all of creation and not just of the physical realm. The properties of these four elements encompass emotion, thought, and much more.

Since it is currently very late on Thursday night I am going to write just a brief overview of the Elemental Correspondences, next week I will write a more in-depth post about the elements.

In my practice, Air represents inspiration, Fire action, Water reaction, and Earth integration. I build my spell work around their properties and I work with each element at different times depending on the result I am working towards.

Here are some  additional elemental correspondences that I recognize:

Earth: North, Night, Winter, old age, the Crone, the Sorcerer, Wisdom and Integration.

Air : East, Dawn, Spring, Youth, the Maiden Goddess, the Young God, Thought and
Beginnings
Fire: South, Noon, Summer, Adulthood, the Mother, the Sun King, Manifestation and
Action

Water: West, Dusk, Fall/Harvest, Parenthood, the Queen, the Judge, Emotion and Reaction

I apologize for the briefness of the post. It's been a very long and trying week but I have been thinking about this topic since we started and I didn't want to miss a day.

Next week I'll have a much more detailed post about the elements.

BB

Autumnwind

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I like your correspondences, the only thing I am not sure of is "Judge" for Water. If that would be anywhere I would think Air, because Water to me is very forgiving and indulgent and Earth to me is the idea that everything in the world is on equal footing. Fire is very active as you said, and I think also very much about feeling and not judging. The earth is the place of rest after death so perhaps judgement would fit there, I just honestly am the most scared of Air elementals because I assume they will be judgemental!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sofia, Thanks for your thoughts. I love hearing how everyone relates to the elements. I appreciate you taking the time to share with me!

    ReplyDelete