Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Belated Blessed Yule


I'm slowly getting it together - very slowly - but I did enjoy a lovely Yule. The full moon was just an added bonus on a beautiful day.

This Yule I was definitely celebrating the return of the sun and more symbolically a return to my spiritual path. The photo above is of my Yule alter. It is an old photo but still true to what I do. I love that it is simple and super easy to set up. There is comfort in setting up the alter, offering thanks to the Goddess as well as giving thanks for the change of the seasons and the coming spring.

While I am definitely looking forward to the return of the sun and all that follows, I am making sure that I enjoy the stillness of today. I haven't had a lot of stillness this past year and it has taken its toll so I am focusing on the cold mornings and the silence that the snowy winter brings to my yard. I am focusing on the joys of being home and enjoying the days and nights of this season of rest before the world awakens again this spring.

Blessed Be my friends

A


2 comments:

  1. Take everything one day at a time! I love this time of year! I love the silence! Happy Yule and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed yule to you, too! The altar looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete