Monday, December 30, 2013

The Last Days of 2013


I can not believe that tomorrow is the last day of 2013! I can't say that I am sorry to see this year end as it has been pretty rough on so many people I know. I am spending the last couple of days of the year creating in my studio. I have been testing out some of the cool things I have found on Pinterest and working on a few other projects. It has been a nice way to end the year.

The first project I started today was one I found on Pinterest. It involves changing an old picture frame into a nice chalk board. I scored a great frame at my local Goodwill store and I had a quart of chalkboard paint sitting around the house. I've had that paint for a very long time, way before it became the in thing! So far, with regards to the chalkboard project the hardest thing to find is...chalk!

I'm also working on some ritual kits for my Etsy shop. I hope to have some of them in stock by Jan 1. I am currently working on Ritual kits for Imbolc and Ostara as well as a kit for a House Blessing.

The third project I am working on is a Kitchen Witch for my cousin. Her head is sculpted and baked. Tomorrow I'll be sculpting her hands and feet and painting her face. I am really excited about this project. It is for my lovely cousin who just recently got married. She and I are kindred spirits and both of us had a very special relationship with our grandfather. When he passed away I received a box full of his things from his "shop". My grandfather made fishing lures, not flies, he made lures for deep sea and ocean fishing and they were well known in lower Delaware during the 1970's & 80's! People came from all over the area to buy lures from Big Charlie. Well I inherited his molds, tools, and materials including buck tails, buttons, thread and feathers - who knew fish liked that stuff? Anyway, my cousin has no idea that I have this box full of treasures but I will be incorporating several of the things that belonged to our grandfather into her Kitchen Witch. I will post progress pictures as I have them.

Tomorrow night I'll be celebrating at home with family and friends, drinking champagne, eating chips and dip and playing silly games. I think that will be a great way to ring in the new year!



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! That's great that you received the molds to your Grandfather's lures. You are very creative, so it seems perfect. I hope you and your friends have a better year.

    ReplyDelete