Saturday, January 25, 2014

Grow Your Blog Party 2014 - Welcome


Welcome to Beneath the Witch’s Moon! I am so glad you stopped in for a visit. I’ve been cleaning and organizing things all month in preparation for guests.

I am so excited to be taking part in the Grow Your Blog blog party being hosted by Vicki over at 2 Bags Full

I’m Autumnwind or Debbie – I answer to both though you’ll see Autumnwind here more often than not. I started this blog several years ago to blog about my witchy side and connect with other like minded people. As time has gone on I have met and became part of a larger Pagan community (both in cyberspace and at home) and I have met amazing people from all walks of life, many faiths and many different stages of life. It has been one of the best experiences of my life.  I am a wife, a mom to 4 amazing individuals and I have 2 hyper pups named Sophie and Alice ( they are a Jack Russel mix so I knew they would be a bit feisty!) and one old kitty named Rosie. My house is hectic and full of energy and love. 

As it has grown, my blog’s focus has changed a tiny bit. In preparation for today I was reviewing my posts and found that I tend to blog about 4 or 5 main things: Witchy Bits, Arts & Crafts, Health & Fitness, Travel and my adventures with my Family. Those are the things that are important to me and those are what you’ll find here.

New for this year I have 3 days that will be set aside for specific types of posts (mainly). They are:

Artsy Mondays – These posts will be DIY and Arts & Crafts related. I am an Artist, mainly a sculptor (currently anyway) though I also embroider, sew, paint, create jewelry and dabble in mixed media pieces. I also used to teach rubber stamping technique and paper crafting classes when I owned a scrapbook store so you’ll see some of those projects on Mondays along with all sorts of cool Artsy projects that I am working on. The first official Artsy Monday post was a project that is all the rage on Pinterest right now – re-purposing an old frame into a chalkboard – you can check it out here. It was a fun project and I’ll definitely be making more chalkboards soon! In my second Artsy Monday post I shared how to turn wine corks into a trivet shaped like a grape cluster. You can see that post here. I have lots of fun how-to posts planned for this series and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


Witchy Green Wednesday

Witchy Green Wednesdays – These are currently focused on “Green” cleaning products. There are 5 posts in this series the first of which you can find here. Once I have wrapped up the Witchy Green Cleaning Series Wednesdays will be about health/fitness and “Green” alternatives to everything from pet treats to beauty products. Everything I write about I test in my own home first and I’ll share any blunders I make or tips I found. You’ll also see recipes, gardening ideas and more. Wednesdays are about Hearth and Home, Health and Fitness and how to make our living spaces more healthy and enjoyable.Some of these posts will be crafty as I show my adventures in soap making, wine making and creating my own lotions and body products. Anything I create will be presented with step by step directions and lots of pictures. For another sample you can check out this post on making homemade marshmallows.


Pagan Fridays – I am taking part in the 2014 Pagan Blog Project. Every Friday participants post about something Pagan/Wiccan/Witch related which starts with a specific letter of the alphabet. We do 2 posts with each letter of the alphabet and it has been a very though provoking experience. This is my 3rd year as part of the project though I have not completed a full years of posts yet. I hope to change that this year. Fridays will be Pagan Blog Project posts.  If you are not familiar with real witches you should check out a couple of these posts. Most people are quite surprised by how normal we witches really are! You can read my first post this year here.

There will be other posts about various things going on in my life. One of the things I found I liked reading about on other blogs was fun projects and the people who create them. It’s always nice to get to know someone online and reading about the day to day things in a person’s life gives you a snapshot of who they are.

One of the Tea Parties

I enjoy blog parties. I've taken part in many a Tea party here in cyberspace, some mad, others haunted and all of them a lot of fun!

A Hatter in Zombieland

I also enjoy swaps and have taken part in some really fun swaps that have challenged me as an artist... for instance the Zombie in Wonderland swap and Voodoo Doll Pincushion Swap

I love art, photography, kayaking, hiking, gardening and just living life to the fullest. I hope you’ll become a friend and follower and come along with me on this wonderful journey that is life.

Be sure to leave a comment to be entered into the drawing to win a 4 ounce jar of my Witchy Green Scouring Powder in either Orange-Clovebud or Lavender (your choice) and a sweet little surprise! The drawing is for the scouring powder (and surprise) only, the essential oils and mortar and pestle are not included. For more information on this amazing scouring powder click here. You do not need to be a follower to win. Winner will be announced on February 15th.

Witchy Green Scouring Powder

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you enjoyed your stay and will come back soon!

Autumnwind

45 comments:

  1. Hi read your blog on making scouring powder - wonderful. I'm also part of the pagan blog project, however trying to find balance between mothering, working, graduate student and blogging... it is a new dance for me. Thanks for doing this. Peace Out today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand trying to find that balance! Glad you stopped by :0)

      Delete
  2. I love those Mad Hatter parties too! Your Madhatter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those parties are so much fun. I have no idea why I love Wonderland so much but I do!!

      Delete
  3. just followed you - can't wait to see the monday artsy posts and the friday pagan posts... found my way here from the grow your blog party...

    hope you'll stop by and visit me as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cristi, I'll definitely be stopping by if I haven't already. So very nice to meet you. Thanks for visiting and becoming a follower =D

      Delete
  4. Great posting for GYB. So glad that we have bumped into each other here in the blogosphere. I look forward to your weekly posts and also that you will be joining in Celebrate Oz. Smooches, Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Oma Linda, I love your blog!! Thanks for visiting today. I can't wait for the Celebrate Oz party,Oz and Wonderland are my two favorite places.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for leaving your nice comment on Comptonia today! I'm glad I found your blog, and will be back to read more. I like the way you are dividing up your main areas of interest - you are much more organized than I am! - but if I keep blogging (and blogging) maybe I'll have to think about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinn, your blog is adorable! Organization is a new thing for the blog for this year. So far is is working but it is only January so we'll see how it goes :)

      Delete
  6. Happy to be your 100th follower.I will be back to read more of your delightful blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo Hoo! 100 - that is so cool. Thank you for stopping by and becoming a follower. It's nice to meet you.

      Delete
  7. Autumnwind, what a lovely name *smile* so glad you dropped by my blog to say hello. I will be following you by email. Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole, thank you for stopping by, I really enjoyed your blog. This party has sure added to the blogs I follow. I look forward to reading more of yours in the future.

      Delete
  8. GYB has brought me here...but I've memorized the path. Your blog has great appeal...can't wait to get acquainted! Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome Sara, I am glad you enjoyed your visit!! I love the name the purple sweater!! So sweet. I look forward to getting to know you,

      Delete
  9. Hi Debbie,

    I'm visiting from the Grow Your Blog party. It is nice to meet you. Your blog name caught my eye! I plan to look around a bit more and then be on my way to visit the others. I do hope you will stop by for a visit and enter my giveaway. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs – Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, I just got back from visiting your blog - beautiful! Thanks for stopping by, it was fabulous to meet you :0)

      Delete
  10. Hello,

    Nice to meet you.:)
    I would like to participate in your giveaway.
    petitearmoire2@gmail.com

    Greetings.

    Bernadett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bernadett, glad you stopped by! You are entered in the drawing. Good luck ;0)

      Delete
  11. I always enjoy your magical insight and visit often. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely note =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I look forward to reading you blog.

      Delete
  12. Yay a Witchy spot to come and rest in for a while....

    Hello AutumnWind. I'm strolling through the party and have happily landed here.

    Love your party post and ... well, heck, all THREE of your weekly posting plans. Methinks I will be a frequent flyer.

    Off to poke around a bit before heading back to the party. Wheee!

    My ramblings about ... writing, meditation, life and sometimes things witchy... are over on my blog ...Ramblings of a renegade scribbler at http://pambustin.com/blog/

    I'm hoping my google+ thingy will lead you back there but... thought I'd leave a few BIGGER breadcrumbs as well.

    Enjoy the party! ~p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, I am following you via email and twitter ;0) I love you blog and am so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  13. Your blog sounds interesting, I'll be back to see what you've brewed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by I had to follow two of your blogs because they just looked like fun!

      Delete
  14. Nice to meet you AutumnWind! Thanks for stopping by my blog... I'll be following you as well, and look forward to your posts. :)

    Best,
    Measi
    http://www.measi.net/measiblog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Measi, I look forward to reading your blog. I am glad you stopped by for a visit!!

      Delete
  15. Hi Autumn Wind, I popped over from my own page, I so love witchy stuff. I have a facebook page called Willow Leaf where I put up herbal recipes etc I am going to join your blog. Beary wishes Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, I'll definitely check out your facebook page!! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations Amanda!! You are the winner of the drawing for the scouring powder :0)

      Delete
  16. Good Morning!!! Dropping in from the Blog Party - SO much fun to land here! Newest Follower, and off to read a bit more. Happy Tuesday - sorry about the Food Poisoning - hope you're feeling better soon! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I am glad your made it! I popped in to visit you and am now a happy follower ;0)

      Delete
  17. I must say that you have some of the most unique items! Just love the glasses as well as all the info! So nice to meet you at the party. I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you stopped by for a visit and I am very happy you decided to stick around :0)

      Delete
  18. Thanks for sharing your story & your blog. I've finally finished the under 50 blogs & am on to the 50-100 blogs! Wow. This GYB event is cool. Please visit embroidery blog if you are so inclined. (I'm in the 1st set.)

    aprilsongstress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am so glad you stopped by. I was able to visit you as well and I am now a follower. This has been a great party!

      Delete
  19. Hi, nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing some of yourself with us. I love what I have read so far.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the green here, my favorite color. So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty, Thank you! It's a pleasure to meet you too.

      Delete
  21. Hi, It's lovely to meet you through GYB :) I am of a pagan persuasion also and love sharing in other people's practices. Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights here. Keli x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad you stopped by for a visit!

      Delete
  22. Enjoyed visiting your blog. I like the tutorial on cleaning a wood floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The green cleaning tutorials have been fun to write and the products have made a huge difference in my home ;0) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete