Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions? Goals? How about Priorities?


As the calendar year comes to an end I am definitely one of those people who make resolutions, sort of. I call them priorities. Here is the list of priorities that I have been working on since 2011. These are things that are important to me so I am going to continue to work on them in 2014:
  • Purge - art supplies that I no longer use, clothing that no longer fits, kitchen items that I have lots of.... I have been working on this a lot this year and it feels GREAT!
  • Spend time with my family and friends - Time is the one commodity that we NEVER get back! This year I spent a lot of really good times with the people I love. It’s been great! I plan on making more time for friends and family in 2014.
  • Live healthier. This past year I incorporated "green cleaning", regular exercise and a healthier diet and I am ending the year almost 10 pounds lighter than I started it and that is after the holidays!
  • Journal - this has been an important part of regaining my creativity! Journaling helps me to see what matters to me, what is bothering me and what is going on in my head and it is so much cheaper than therapy.
  • Explore - the museum, the river, the city I live in... just explore. I love to explore things. This year I want to do more of it. Over the past year I have taken a group of photos that I call "Hidden Decay". These are buildings I have seen or stumbled upon during my adventures that have screamed for a voice. They are neglected, abandoned or incomplete and truly haunting! I will be sharing some of those pictures later this year.  The only reason I found them is because I started to explore!
  • Create - whatever strikes me whether it is sculpted, embroidered, sewn, written, photographed or baked. 
  • Imagine - imagination is the key to MY creativity, I need to keep it working. Ok, I actually need it to keep living and breathing!
  • Be Frugal - this is a trend that I have already noticed in my life and I like it –  a LOT!
  • Continue to connect with Nature! When I am hiking or rafting or kayaking I feel so in tune with life. Being part of the natural world, away from the noises of civilization is refreshing and definitely recharges my energy! I'll be finding ways to spend more time outside this year.
  • Enjoy more and stress less - need I say more ;0) This is a work in progress. I am getting much better about letting things go that I have no control over and working on the things that are in my control. It has helped my stress levels tremendously though my significant other still calls me a stress stylist at times! 
  • Allow my spiritual side to shine through. I always feel connected to that side of myself now and it is wonderful. What I have found is that I do not need to talk about my spirituality to feel spiritual. Yay!
So this is what I will be working on in 2014. As you can see these are not things with deadlines or ultimatums. They are things that I think will make my life better.



No comments:

Post a Comment