Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Little Birdie Told Me Swap Update




My little birdie is getting ready to fly to her new home. I can’t post pictures of her until she gets to her new mom. This swap was so much fun. I challenged myself to use different techniques and colors than I usually do so this sweet little bird became quite the project.

Some of the things I did - I created her wings and tail feathers using my embroidery machine. I love machine embroidery and I have been doing it for many years. This project benefited from that love! I found a fun candle stand and altered it to make a perch for the project and I also used supplies from not only my embroidery stash but from my scrap-booking and jewelry making areas as well.

So here are some pictures of the progress:

Supplies - Dupioni Silk - My Favorite!

Wing Detail

Tail Feather Detail



No comments:

Post a Comment