Friday, January 11, 2013

Pagan Blog Project - A is for Aventurine


Photo by Michael Marcotte

Aventurine is one of my favorite stones to carry around. It has many properties, can be green, brown, yellow or even peachy colored and is relatively easy to find in my local gem and mineral shops. I am going to discuss green Aventurine since different colors of Aventurine can have different properties.

Some of the many magical properties of green Aventurine are:

Prosperity, promotes compassion and empathy, increases creativity, promotes calmness, success in your career, Luck (considered the stone of gamblers – which would explain why it is so plentiful in Nevada!), increases opportunities and self confidence, balance emotions and much more.

Element: Earth
Chakra: Heart
Planet: Mercury

An interesting historical note: Warriors in ancient Greece would sew Aventurine into their clothing to preserve courage and optimism. 

Chaco

While researching this stone I found a site (http://www.psychic-revelation.com) that suggested that you should use Aventurine for pets who are clumsy. This just made me giggle because my daughter’s cat Chaco is the clumsiest cat I have ever known. She is sweet as she can be but that cat could trip over her own paws standing still! I think I may have to make her a collar with bits of Aventurine sewn in it. 

Aventurine is said to balance energy and improve creativity. As an artist I am always looking for ways to improve my creativity. I have a bowl of stones that I keep on my desk which is both functional and decorative. When I am feeling low on creativity all I need to do is hold my Aventurine stone and meditate. This usually gives me the jump start I need.

Some other sites I visited while researching Aventurine:





No comments:

Post a Comment