Monday, January 30, 2012

GOYB Week 4 Update


Changing my work schedule to 4 ten hour days has taken a bit of getting used to. Last week was so hectic that I barely turned the computer on at home. I had a couple of  late presentations, an early presentation and two dinners out - yikes! This week I will be able to get a better feel for this new schedule. I think I am going to like it.

This week has been pretty darn great on the fitness front. After a disastrous week last week, I weighed in on Saturday and found that I lost what I gained the previous week-yippee! The best news was that I took my measurements this weekend.

It has been a month since I started the weight training class and the results for month 1 are in - I lost 4 pounds and a total of 7 inches!! Yeah baby, that's right - 7 inches. I had hoped for more of a loss on the scale but I haven't been totally following Weight Watchers and weight training does slow down weight loss for a while. Either way, I am happy with the lost inches!

This month I also stopped drinking caffeine. This has helped my drink lots more water during my day.

Last weeks challenge was to ponder the excuses we make when we decide to not let our health be a priority and post 2 lists, one for why I am not exercising and one for why I am not eating a healthy diet. My lists were not too bad, right now I am doing pretty good on both fronts though I am planning to add some cardio to my week so we'll see what excuses I come up with then.



Here is the picture I have posted over my computer and next to my treadmill. This is to remind me of those 7 inches and how the hard work is starting to pay off!

I am happy with my overall diet. I get plenty of water, lots of fruits and veggies and have incorporated more seafood and less red meat. Because of the weight training I have upped my protein intake to make sure my muscles are fed properly but I am sticking to lean meats, low fat cheeses and fish.

The next GOYB challenge is to track weight and waist measurement everyday for the month. I like this idea, it will definitely give me an idea of how my weight fluctuates over the course of the month.

Have a great week!

Autumnwind

No comments:

Post a Comment