Sunday, January 1, 2012

Get off your Broom: A New Year's Witchy Fitness Challenge Kick Off





Happy New Year! I don't know about you  but I was a total slacker the last 6weeks of 2011 and it shows. I finished out 2011 with a gain of 5 pounds...ouch! I am motivated as well as ready to succeed in getting healthy and fit in 2012.

There are three mini challenges for this week. I  have already taken my measurements and a before picture which I'll post once I have a progress picture that I like - baby steps, anyway that takes care of the first two mini challenges, for the third I need to make a plan so here is mine:

I am committing to not only go to my Weight Watcher's meetings I am going to actually follow the plan! I am a huge fan of Weight Watchers because they are not a fad diet, heck, they aren't really a diet they are more of a lifestyle change and baby my lifestyle needs to change! So I'll be making sure I eat my veggies, take my vitamin, drink lots of water and really follow the health eating style that Weight Watchers suggests.

Additionally, a coworker and I signed up to do a weight training class 2 days a week with a former Miss Nevada Body Building champion. My co-worker has been working with this lady for 6 months and loves her, I start on Tuesday! In addition to the weight training I will be alternating between cardio on my treadmill and a flexibility workout with a Yoga DVD at least 3 days per week for a total of 5 days of formal movement per week. I'll also be taking the dogs for walks a few days per week as weather permits.

So that is my plan. I hope you will join me and my fellow Get Off Your Broom challenge members as we get healthy and fit in 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm doing the Get Off Your Broom challenge also. I always wanted to try Weight Watchers, just no money. I love your exercise plan also! :)

    ReplyDelete