Sunday, September 21, 2014

Mabon Blessings


Slowly the wheel turns, the seasons change and while it is still hot in Nevada the temperature is slowly inching its way down. Today it was just 84, not too bad for an end of summer day. I am always a little sad to see summer leave, those long lazy days full of sweet summer fruits, weekends at the lake, nights on the deck, gardens bursting full of color and food.

Sigh, I do love the summer but autumn is my favorite time of year. I love the colors, the spicy scents, the hint of chill in the evening air, the foods, the pumpkins... I could go on and on. Seriously, I love the way the light changes from the bright summer sunshine to a golden hue, making everything warm and lovely, the late afternoon light that just makes you want to snuggle in a nice soft chair with a book – well, it makes me want to snuggle in with a soft flannel blanket, a book and a nice glass of wine.

The Fire-Pit

This year, the equinox falls on September 23 and I’ll be celebrating Mabon this Tuesday. I'll be giving thanks for all that I have, the bounty of my garden and for my amazing family and friends. I’ll be lighting the small fire pit (as long as the smoke from the fires in Northern California clears out) and baking something yummy with apples and pumpkins, not sure what yet but I can’t wait!

Peach Preserves

This time of year is for giving thanks, for seeking balance, for preparing for the time when the earth cools and the crops have been harvested. I am making preserves, apple butter and canning various veggies as I can. This is my first year making preserves and I am pretty pleased with them.

During the winter months I usually have more time for my blog, this year I’ll be busy right up till the middle of October with the arts and crafts fair and a costume party, and a couple of birthdays among other things but I am planning on getting back to the heart of Beneath the Witch’s Moon, the love of the goddess, the rhythm of the seasons and the comfort of ritual. I hope you’ll stick around and enjoy to journey with me.


This week I wish you all a blessed Mabon, a happy equinox and a wonderful life full of balance and love.

3 comments:

  1. It seem's were on opposite sides of those fires, I wanted a fire tonight but is prohibited here. Lovely decor, I just cleaned today no decorating yet. Merry Mabon.

    ReplyDelete