Monday, February 17, 2014

Needful Things Swap Box Received - WOW!!!


While I was in Las Vegas my box of goodies from the Needful Things swap hosted by Val over at Yarnigras Swapper Spot arrived from Sarah Jonas of Firefly Hills Farm. I can't even begin to tell you how cool this package is so here are some pictures:

Box of goodies!

Oh my did my swap partner go all out! She sent my the most amazing package. Something that I did not mention in my Needful Things post was that Old Bay seasoning is not only my favorite seasoning it always makes me think of my Poppop. My mom's father was one of my favorite people in the world. Even though he has been gone for almost 22 years, he is still one of my favorite people :)

He taught me to fish and to clean and filet the fish I caught - which I could do very well by the time I was 8, he taught me to drive and park a boat and is one of the reasons I love the ocean so much. Growing up poor, as we did, he provided for our family by fishing, crabbing and selling fishing lures which he made in his little shop ( a converted garage). I ran wild in the reed covered sand dunes of lower Delaware and Old Bay seasoning always makes me smile. Sarah, you have no idea how cool it was to see Old Bay seasoning in the package.

The candle smells so yummy. I'll be taking that to the office so that I can smell chocolate all day. We used to visit Hershey Park every year or so when I was growing up. We loved going when the factory was running since the whole place smelled like chocolate.

Tea Forte

These little tea packets are another amazing gift. A while back my man and I went on a Caribbean Cruise with friends and during the High Tea that I attended with the girls they served Tea Forte Vanilla Orchid tea. This tea is amazing. I can't find it locally and am really excited to try these new flavors.

Seeds

Sarah also sent me a huge variety of open pollinated heirloom seeds. I am so excited about these. Many of them are from her farm. That makes them even more special. I can't wait to plant them and I will definitely plant the Chuffa in a container :)

More Goodies!!!!

More fun things, the felted wool wrapped goats milk soap us amazing. Since my skin is so sensitive, goats milk soap is one of the few that I can use on a regular basis! I can't wait to try this. The wool roving is going to have to be hair for a mermaid I think. Such a beautiful color and texture. My boys were really excited by the pancake mix and the preserves. I can't wait to try the watermelon jelly. That sounds so good. 

Sarah, you have totally spoiled me. Thank you! I will keep you posted as I plant these wonderful seeds.

Sincerely,

Autumnwind aka Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment