Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Resolutions, Goals and Priorities


I try not to make too many resolutions for the start of the year; I prefer to think of them as goals instead. As a witch my New Year actually begins at Samhain but I like the start of the calendar year as another time to re-focus on things I want to do with my life. It is fun to join with so many people across the country and plan. There is so much positive energy at this time of year as people turn their thoughts to making positive changes in their lives. Imagine if just 10% of those hoped for changes became reality!  I believe that the world would be a better place for all if people started to make progress on their New Year resolutions!

This year my list is small,

1)      I plan on incorporating a Yoga class into my current fitness routine. I currently go to the gym at least 3 times per week and will be finding a beginner Yoga class that I can attend. I’ll also continue on with Weight Watchers and I hope to lose those last 25 pounds but I’ll be happy with another 10!
2)      I will set aside 1 week a month to work on magical items for my Etsy shop as well as any other projects that I want to do. This will be scheduled, guilt free, me time!
3)      I will continue to set aside time to hang out with my family & friends, make time for fun activities and find ways to let my friends and family know how much they mean to me.
4)      I will learn more about the spiritual side of the craft and strengthen my knowledge base in this area. I love to learn.

Here is one of my favorite quotes for the New Year...

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential.
~Ellen Goodman

That is what I will be working on this year.   How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment