Monday, September 10, 2012

My Favorite Time of Year


As the wheel of the year slowly turns towards the fall and the season of harvest I find myself in a whirlwind of activity!
This month my oldest son moved into his own apartment. This is bittersweet for me. I am so proud of him yet I miss my little boy all the same.
 I just returned home from one business trip (Las Vegas) and will be leaving on another one on Friday (Panama City, Florida this time).
I am putting the finishing touches on my Storybook Zombie doll, she is so cute, AND I am working on my Circus booth plus a couple of other posts for the blog.
Working out is good when I am home and not too tragic when I am away – yay for do-in-the-hotel room Yoga! My fitness level is going up and my weight is slowly going down –and it is about time the healthy living has finally started to pay off!
By the end of this month I will be done with all of my current commitments, yippee, skippee! Then I am looking forward to a month of nothing except Halloween and harvest celebrations. That is really all I am going to focus on in October. Of course that is plenty if I want to do it right - which I do.
This year my family is hosting a costume party. If you’ve read some of my previous posts you know that I am all for playing dress up with my friends. I’ve been to the Faerieworlds in Eugene, Oregon and danced in a spiral dance with hundreds of people while dressed as one of the Faerie folk, my close friends and I do costumed parties and my man and I do costume beer crawls as often as possible, in fact, not too long ago we did the Super Hero pub crawl. The only costume I had at the time (that I was willing to actually go out in) was a pirate outfit so I went as… Cap’t Morgan :0) Such fun! I can’t wait to share the fun of this party with you. I have no idea what I’ll be wearing this year … maybe I’ll drag out the old hat and broom, Halloween always brings out the witch in me.
This summer has been so very hectic and I am really looking forward to cooler weather. No more business trips (at least this year), plenty of fresh picked apples, fields of plump, ripe, pumpkins and the glory of orange and rust colored mums.  Yeah, as I catch up from the last trip and prepare for the next one my mind is already turned towards the change of the seasons.
Since I try to live each day as best as I can I’ll be enjoying this last month of hot weather as I begin my preparations for fall. Yep, this is my favorite time of year… I’ll bet you could kinda tell that huh
Autumwind

No comments:

Post a Comment