Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I have a WHAT on my shoulder?



Today I was sitting at work and I noticed this, for lack of a better word, gross, disgusting, lump on my shoulder. As you can imagine the girls I work with all had different ideas as to what it could be, none of which boded well for me. So this evening I spent an hour in the Urgent Care and discovered that all  of my hard work in the gym is paying off... I am now able to see a lump on my arm, not just any lump, but one composed of fatty tissue LOL Fortunately it is not painful and unless I pull my shoulder back a certain way you don't even see it so no harm no foul.

This week I have been battling depression, I've been up and down, full of despair one minute and determination the next. I finally got through it by writing things down like this - negative/positive: I am totally broke (until next week - then all is right in my world again), I have this lump (of course it is nothing serious- yippee), I haven't lost any weight even though I have been eating very well and actually following Weight Watchers (but, as I mentioned earlier I am starting to see the changes from working out and eating right) and the biggie - seriously, if this is all I have to complain about I am one lucky girl (no negative there)!

As I was sitting in the waiting room, my biggest concern was that I would not be able to work out for a while... WOW what a difference 6 months makes in a mindset. I moan and complain on occasion because I get up before dawn to workout but if I couldn't do it I would be so sad. I am finally starting to see the changes that make it all worth while and fortunately I haven't injured myself so I can keep on keeping on!

So thanks for letting me whine a bit! I am going to kick this ICK week goodbye and have a better tomorrow.

Autumnwind

3 comments:

  1. Glad the lump was nothing to worry about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a down week myself, so I can relate. Hang in there!
    XO,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debi!
    Lisa, I hope your week is getting better. Take care of you!!

    ReplyDelete