Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Project Updates


As you read this you’ll probably be able to tell that I can’t just work on one thing at a time. I need several things to keep me occupied, otherwise I get board or worse, when I am challenged by a project (usually when my blood sugar is dropping) rather than move on to something else, I quit – I hate to quit so I always have at least 4 or more things going on at once. Having another project to go to when one is frustrating me helps me reassess the issue and eventually I come back to it refreshed and with new ideas.  I like it and it usually works for me. So…. an update
Alice is still naked and without hands but she is being very patient. I have the fabric to clothe her and the clay and clothing for her friend the White Rabbit so hopefully I’ll get back to her soon. (her hands freaked me out so I had to take a break)
The prayer flags are planned (I’ll tell you more about that soon)
My garden is planted and now I am making some sculpted birds to decorate it.
The materials for my garden creature have been purchased and plans are underway for his/her design. This one is something that I have wanted to do for a while. I am making a door to attach to the bottom of our deck, and a creature to place near the door, maybe peeking out from behind a rock or something. I am working on the size I want and then I’ll make the creature then finally the door. I hope to have this finished by the end of the summer.  
My studio is a mess- this is usually a good sign but since the mess is from things just being dumped in here so they’ll be out of the way it is a bad thing. I have been busy with work and the yard and the garden and the deck – yikes!
The inside of the house has been neglected the past several weeks so that we can spruce up the outdoor area.  It is looking good, my arms are tired, my body aches and my legs are wobbly by the time I collapse into bed at night but the new roof we are putting on the deck is almost done, the weeds are almost gone and my gardens are planted and looking good! I have 2 whisky barrels that I will be planting this week and then I am done!
Whew - I love the warm weather but I sometimes want to go back to work so I can relax!

3 comments:

  1. Same with my office... ^^ it's the one room none of our guests ever have to go into, so we push the door closed and lock it! ^^

    Can't wait to see pictures of the things you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a garden. I can't wait to get out of this apartment. I like the idea of a garden creature peeking out behind a rock! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diandra, that is it exactly, lock the door and pretend it isn't there LOL - I'll post pics soon! (of the projects not my messy studio)

    Sandi, when I lived in an apartment I made a fairy garden in a large pot and stuck it on my patio. It was full of easy flowers (think petunias and marigolds)and hidden among the plants I stuck little bits of fairy fruniture. So fun! You can make herb gardens for your kitchen with little fairies peeking out from behind the plants too. Hmmmm, now I may have to make another one of those! Good memories :0)

    ReplyDelete