Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Prayer Flag Project




When I read about this I was intrigued. I love the idea of a prayer flag and I have always wanted to make some to hang in my yard. This project has gotten me out of the “want to” stage and into the “heck yeah, I am making some flags” stage. I am making several to hang on my deck and this is what I am working on right now. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post next weekend.
1)      For no longer keeping my opinions to myself and listening while others spout off, now I find that I am much more likely to offer an opinion which either shuts them up (bonus I no longer have to suffer through), or we have a discussion over the topic. I don’t debate my beliefs, I believe what I believe and I am quite comfy and happy with my beliefs.

2)      For my kiddos and the kids that grew up with mine who are part of my heart. Half of them are spread out over the country right now, the other half are still home, at least for a little while. I am always thinking of them and want my love and strength to flow to them no matter how far from home they are.

3)      For me and my boyfriend. Our relationship has been tested in the last several years (we were married for 16 years, divorced for 3 months and got back together – story to follow sometime in the future J) and we are so much stronger now than before. So one is for us. For love, for strength and for the future.

4)      For my garden – to welcome the fairies and keep the birds from eating too much.
I have some other ideas I am kicking around. These are addictive little pieces of art. Something that I can whip out quickly, try new techniques on, or just play with. I’ll show you more once they are complete.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so intriguing. Please post pictures when you can. I would love to make some too!
    XO,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Lisa. I have always loved Prayer Flags and the blog for the Prayer Flag Project Project really inspired me to get to it!

    ReplyDelete