Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Art

With Halloween almost here I wanted to post pictures of some of my favorite Halloween themed pieces that I have created over the years. As you can see I love to work with all sorts of materials. I like to incorporate fabric, metal, clay and paper into my art, sometimes in a single piece and sometimes not.

Party Hats

I did this painting this year for the 2011 Witches Tea Party hosted by Frosted Petunias. The painting is acrylic on canvas with an added plastic spider sitting on a bed of feathers. That little detail is a bit hard to see in the picture. The candles are not part of the painting, they were in front of it when I took this picture.

Edgar

This sweet pumpkin head doll was created our of clay and fabric during a sculpting retreat I attended with guest artist Patricia Hedegaard.

On the Web

This is a pendant I created several years ago using a domino as the base. I love using ink, rubber stamps and metal together.

Ezzy and Grim

Here are two of my girls, Ezzy is the dark haired witch. She was made from fabric and has needle sculpted and hand painted features while Grim is the poseable ginger haired witch made of fabric and clay. I love creating dolls of all types. I made my first doll when I was about 5. My grandmother taught me to sew when I was very young.

Tarot and Spell Journals

Finally here are the covers of a couple of my journals.  I use a lot of journals for many different things and it makes it very special when they are designed for a specific purpose.
I hope you have enjoyed this little glimpse into my world. I'll post more of my art occasionally.
MM
AutumnWind

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You’re amazingly artistically creative! It’s awesome how you can use so many different media to create your art. I found you through Frosted Petunias. I’m going to go check out your Tea Party now.

    ReplyDelete