Thursday, October 6, 2011

Countdown to Halloween…

This is my favorite month! I love Autumn, I love the crisp fall air, the changing colors of the leaves, and the plump pumpkins you see on so many porches. I love the colorful pots of mums and the scents of baked apples and bon fires – or fireplaces, either work! I just love this time of year. During this season I feel alive. I have more energy, I get more accomplished and I am in a great mood almost all the time!
This year, as I count down to my favorite holiday, I will be sharing a few of our family traditions.
Every year, my hubby and I head over the hill to Apple Hill located in Camino, California. This area is known for the abundance of produce including apples, pumpkins, gourds and some of the best baked goods you will ever eat! We enjoy the lovely scenery, the decadent pies and the festive atmosphere that this area is famous for.
This year we were there on a beautiful, sunny day. The temperature was perfect, the sky was full of puffy white clouds and traffic wasn’t too terribly bad. All in all it was a lovely day.


These pictures are from Rainbow Orchards. I’ll be framing one of them for my office. Rainbow Orchards has the best Apple Cider Doughnuts I have ever tasted! If you go, make sure you get a least a dozen of them and if you are driving more than 15 minutes and want those doughnuts to make it home be sure to put them in the trunk!!

This picture is from another stop on our tour of the orchards. I am sad to say that I forgot their name but they made some really tasty pie… just saying!
I did visit this amazing place before I officially started the "Get off theBroom" fitness challenge but I didn't eat my way through the orchards. I had a couple of doughnuts, a piece of pie and some really delish apples. You can visit Apple hill and eat healthy, really, it can be done!
AutumnWind

No comments:

Post a Comment