Sunday, October 23, 2011

Back from Vegas- Get Off Your Broom Week 3 Update

Las Vegas was fantastic and I am happy to report that I maintained my weight. This is a huge accomplishment for me. I was away from home for 5 days, 2 of which I spent with one of my best friends and we DID Las Vegas. I had so much fun and managed to not only NOT have a hangover but I exercised 3 times this past week. I worked out with a routine that I could do in my hotel room, my friend, her husband and I hiked in Red Rock Canyon (so beautiful!) and then we walked the Las Vegas strip... till 4am (It counts).  We also hit a strip club for a friend's Bachelor party and had some fantastic margaritas as we did the whole Las Vegas touristy thing. It was great!

Check it out...

Red Rock Canyon

Red Rock Canyon - from the trail

Me getting ready to hit the strip with Friends

That shirt was way out of my comfort zone but I wore it and I felt pretty good in it. This week was fabulous on lots of levels. My work presentations were very productive, I ate healthy, got in some great exercise and I got to spend time with my friends.

This coming week I will be really watching what I eat. I think I eat a fairly healthy diet and will be journaling what I eat again, that is one of the keys for me to be successful and also one of the important pieces of the Weight Watchers Program that I have been skipping. I want to eat much more whole foods and a lot fewer processed foods. I also plan to step up my exercise routine. I joined a fitness challenge with work and plan to walk 20 miles per week for the next 3 months!

I don't have to go back to Las Vegas until December so hopefully things will calm down a bit!!

Have a lovely week!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds as if you did great! I'd love to go to Las Vegas some day... and if I told the BF, he'd start packing right away! But we're broke (and far away), so that will have to wait a few years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really impressive - you did fantastically well, if it were me I probably would have put on a few pounds...LOL.
    Beautiful pictures and that hike sounds great...
    Glad you had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, for a wonderful Vegas trip! I'm very happy (and proud) you maintained your weight while in the city of excess.

    The top looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was wonderful, I think all the walking really helped me maintain. Now to get my butt in gear and start to lose again :)

    ReplyDelete