Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Frosty Morning


This morning there was a layer of snow covering the ground when I work up. I love the silence that accompanies the snow. I had to step out and take a couple of pictures and just be a part of that silence. The above picture is of the Pin Oak tree that is in my front yard. It is a lovely tree all year but it is hauntingly beautiful after it sheds its leaves.


After spending a quite moment alone in the silence of the snow I went back inside and then out the back door with my sweet little pups following me. I took some pictures of the trees in our yard and watched as Sophie and her sister Alice ran joyously through the fresh power. This is Sophie, she has one goal in life and that is to play ball! The dirty orange thing at the bottom of the picture is her octopus toy, one that she has had since she was a puppy (she is 5 now). After taking a couple of pictures I played with Sophie and then came in to the sounds of my family slowly waking up on this lovely winter morning.

Truly a magnificent way to start the day

No comments:

Post a Comment