Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fitness update


As I was once a part of the Get Off Your Broom Challenges I am happy to see that the Get Off Your Broom Blog is going to stick around for a while. I have been plugging along on my Get Healthy lifestyle changes this year and while I haven’t lost any weight I have gotten much stronger and I am finally starting to see the muscles in my arms – which is so cool!
I had to switch from the weight training class that I was taking to a gym membership due to my crazy work l schedule, it was painful to pay so much for a class and then have to miss ½ of the sessions… so I now go to the gym that is a 2 minute walk – yes WALK – from my house. It is awesome! I meet with a personal trainer 2 times a month and I am finally following the Weight Watchers program so I may actually lose a few pounds.  My goal is not to be skinny. I want to be strong and healthy. So I get up and go to the gym in the wee hours of the morning. I love it!
I have been working out on average 2 times per week since January and while my weight has not changed my energy level has drastically changed. I have more energy now. This past holiday weekend I spent no less than 6 hours each day working in my back  yard – seriously, weeding, planting, weeding, helping my man build a roof for our deck, weeding.. you get the picture. The thing that I find amazing is that in the past I would have been exhausted after 30 minutes, now I am happy to work all day out there. What a difference steady exercise makes!
I’ll update in a month or so, we’ll see how the addition of some directed cardio to the weight training changes things up!
One more bennie of switching to the local gym, my youngest son asked for a gym membership too, he likes to go there with me and with his buddy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm all smiles because you get to workout with your son ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It makes all the difference to think healthy lifestyle and not diet. I am so happy for you!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete